Monday, December 16, 2013

4.0 star rating
 12/16/2013
Pleasantly surprised.

What I thought was going to be the average restaurant with the all too familiar vegetarian options (veggie burger or some pasta dish) turned out to be an exciting surprise while reading the menu. The two items that had me particularly excited were the vegetarian poutine (w/ veggie gravy and tasty cheese curds) and a vegetarian bacon wrap. Not only was this a tasty visit for myself and my vegetarian sensibilities, but my carnivorous friend was also delighted with the menu items.

The veggie bacon wrap was good, no great, but good. The real highlight of the visit was the delectable garlic yam fries. Both the yam fries and chipotle mayo seemed to be made in-house, and if not, were great impostors. Also, as a huge fan of all things spicy, the plethora of choices in hot sauces made my tongue quiver and forehead sweat in anticipation.

Although I did not have a chance to try the veggie poutine, I will surely return to fill the big void in my soul which has been present since I became a vegetarian and was no longer "able" to eat this brown liquid gold.

I recommend.

-Dirk

No comments:

Post a Comment